Teachers hold the utmost position in the lives of learners. They don’t merely restrict themselves with the academic area but also make sure that their students get the right help and guidance, under any given circumstance. That being said, teacher training plays an inevitable role in enhancing the career of a teacher. Special education teacher course, too, is an integral part of teacher training.
The Faculty Development Programme for teachers is responsible to boost the academic arena in schools, institutions, and other education spheres by enabling the faculty to undertake positions in virtual workshops, quizzes, seminars and conferences. It is a programme designed to enhance their skills and knowledge as a teacher.
What are special education teacher courses?
Let us dig into the literal meaning of Special Education. It is a manner of educating students with special needs and providing accommodation and further takes the responsibility to deal with their individual needs and disabilities. It is precisely aiming to promote the learning of those who are a victim of certain disabilities and need special attention in academics. Working for the benefit of those who are often looked down upon in society is what special education teacher courses prioritize. Teachers assigned to work with these children are necessarily expected to practice Special Education Teacher Courses as an integral part of their schedule.
IMPORTANCE OF FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR TEACHERS
As mentioned above, the faculty development program for teachers plays a crucial role in their career building. It comprises special education teacher courses for students with distinct disabilities.
Certainly, it holds massive importance.
A few of them are:
- It intends to enhance knowledge, skills, and make teachers technically sound, considering the new normal.
- This development programme assists teachers as well as educators to move up the ladder of education, both for themselves and their students.
- It gives financial assistance to facilitate better knowledge and skill.
- It also intends to provide opportunities for induction training to teachers who are employed in diverse disciplines, such as Pharmacy, IT, Hotel Management, Architecture, and so on.
- Faculty Development Programme is significant as it works towards building and creating a powerful foundation of an educational system to ensure quality education. It roams around the top of the priority factors and concerns.
- It also plays a role in improving the academic experience at certain institutions and schools for both teachers as well as students.
- It also assists in preparing the faculty members to be extremely skilled in the latest technologies, allowing them to be well aware of their job, and providing proper knowledge.
Faculty Development programs have been proven to be successful in improving the skills of teachers in higher education. To meet the increasing diversity of students, their aspirations, and cultures, an effective Faculty Development Programme must be taken into regard.
There is an accumulating requirement to combine new faculty members and guarantee the quality and authenticity of their skills and abilities as well. Due to the advent of CoronaVirus Pandemic in early 2020, schools and universities worldwide have gone through an apparent shift from physical to the virtual model of conduction. To deal with this abrupt innovation in the technological sphere, faculty development programs efficiently offer help to the teachers.
We know that an academician is not just restricted to giving lectures. The Faculty Development program throws light on what goes beyond it and facilitates heightening faculty roles.
It gives them purpose and exposure to the recent world of globalization and even motivates the students to acquire knowledge on the grounds of technology and innovations.
One must understand the best possible way to teach and communicate with learners of all types, which is something that Special Education Teacher Courses take active charge of. This way, one will become a productive, analytical, rational and hardworking teacher to each student. It gives various advantages to a teacher, not just exclusive to a special educator, but going further too.
The Faculty Development Programme promises outcomes in learning and teaching practices and has proven effective in educational leadership as well. Faculty Development activities encompass administering workshops and seminars, book discussion groups, observation and feedback, individual consultations, peer coaching, CDs on Clinical Teaching, Monthly Educational Publications, Web-Based Faculty Development Materials, and so on.
In the current scenario, Faculty Development Programmes are responsible for institutional virtue and bringing in desired differences to answer the accumulating demands in schools.